The ingredients of a basic sweet crepe usually include flour, eggs, milk, sugar and butter, often adding a small amount of salt to balance the sweetness. When it comes to flour, the authentic crepes use wheat flour or buckwheat flour. The French are used to making sweet crepes (crêpes sucrées) with soft and delicate wheat flour, while crêpes salées prefer buckwheat flour, which is more chewy and healthier.
- 80 g Wheat flour
- 2 2 Egg
- 320 ml Milk
- 1 tsp Caster sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Melted butter
- Appropriate amount (for frying crepes) Butter
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt together and sift into a bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the egg and milk. Beat with a whisk until combined (about 30 seconds).
- Gradually add the flour mix to the egg mix beating with the whisk all the time until all the flour has been combined. Add the melted butter to the mix and beat with a whisk briefly again. The mix should be the consistency of single cream.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge for at least an hour, but can be left overnight.
- Heat a 24cm non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Rub the pan with a little butter.The butter should sizzle a little but it shouldn't burn. Ladle approximately 60ml of batter into the pan and swirl around to cover the whole pan. If there are any gaps or holes fill them with a little more batter.
- Cook for approx 2 minutes or until the undernearth of the crepes has turned a little brown. The edges will come away from the pan and turn a little crispy.Turn the crepe over using a spatula and cook on the other side for approx 30 seconds until it is slightly brown as well.
- Personally I think that the crepes without fruit fillings are fake crepes, so here is a strong combination of 3 classic and delicious fruit fillings. Banana with chocolate can't be more classic in France. The fragrant hazelnut chocolate sauce is served with sweet banana slices, and finally sprinkled with powdered sugar，yum yum yum！！！
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 126mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 4g
You must be logged in to post a comment.