Trifle comes from French Trufle , Which literally means trivial things or trivial things, should be alluding to the method of making this dessert-a dessert made by layering a variety of ingredients. Trifle generally includes: sponge cake with sweet wine such as sherry Or finger cakes, fresh fruit, jelly, custard sauce, whipped cream, the top is usually decorated with fresh fruit.
- 375 g Fresh or frozen mixed fruit
- 100 g caster sugar
- 7 g gelatine sheet／gelatine powder or 5 sheets
- 150 ml milk
- 150 ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla pod/vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- lady fingers／sponge cake Depends on the size of the container (enough to cover the bottom of the container)
- 50 ml sherry
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 crushed biscuit For final decoration
- Make the jelly：Put fruit in a pan and heat with 100g sugar and 500ml water and simmer； Cook for 2 mins and then scoop out 3 tbsp of fruit and 75 ml juice； Carry on cooking the fruit in the pan for 5 mins；Blend the cooked fruit with a hand blender or mash and pass through a sieve into a larger bowl；Add gelatine to the hot fruit syrup and stir to dissolve.
- Make the custard：Make the custard according to the recipe and let it cool.Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in a large bowl; add the sugar to the egg yolks and flour and whisk until pale and thick. Put the cream and milk into a medium saucepan. If using a vanilla pod, cut the vanilla pod open lengthways and scrape out the seeds with the back of a knife, then add to the milk and cream. Heat up the milk and cream mixture to just below boiling point；Pour the milk mixture into a pouring jar; Slowly pour the hot cream and milk onto the eggs and sugar, whisk as you go. Transfer the custard to a clean pan (and add vanilla extract if using). Over a very low heat, stir the custard constantly with a wooden spoon until it gets thicker. This process might take up to 10 minutes.
- Trifle assemble the trifle: Line the bottom of the dish with the cake or trifle sponges； Cover the trifle fingers or cake with the reserved fruit and juices and sherry and some fresh fruit；Pour over the jelly before just before it is set and cool； When the jelly has set pour over the cool custard； Cool and leave to set the add whipped cream and amaretti biscuits crumbled over the top and add fresh fruit.
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 30g
You must be logged in to post a comment.