- 250 g Ground beef （20%～30% fat）
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- 25 ml olive oil
- 25 ml Guinness
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 slices slice of tomato
- 2 slices slice of red onion
- 2 slices cheddar cheese slice
- Handful lettuce
- 1 tsp some mayonnaise
- 1/2 avocado
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 lemon
- 2 brioche buns
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Fry the onion until it is soft and slightly brown. Leave to cool.
- Place the mince into a bowl and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add in the Guinness, breadcrumbs and the cooked onion and mix well.
- Divide the mince into two and mould each piece into a round patty shape approximately 1-2 cm thick.
- Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge for about an hour so that they firm up.
- Take out of the fridge and brush each patty with the olive oil and place onto a hot griddle pan. Cook for four minutes on each side, or until completely cooked through.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of the patty and melt under a hot grill.
- Remove the burger from the heat and keep warm.
- Fry the bacon in a little oil until it is cooked and crispy. Drain the bacon on a sheet of paper towel.
- Fry the white onion in a little oil and butter until it is soft and golden brown.
- Cut the buns in half and lightly toast the insides under a medium grill.
Assemble the burger
- Spread a layer of mayonnaise on the bottom half of the bun. Add a layer of lettuce. Add the patty and then add layers of sliced tomato and red onion, bacon, fried onions and avocado. Squeeze some lemon juice over the avocado.