Lamb Cutlets with Haloumi Breadcrumbs
- 300-400 g Rack of lamb
- 1 Egg
- 20 g Flour
- 50 g Breadcrumbs
- 30 g Haloumi
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 150 g Cherry tomatoes
- 150 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Fresh mint
- 20 g Black olives
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- ¼ medium Cucumber
- 2 tbsp Parlsey
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- Cut away all fat from lamb rack. Remove excess any meat and sinew from the ribs themselves. Cut down from the ribs to separate each cutlet. Dry and set aside.
- Fresh oregano, mint leaves and parsley are minced separately;Garlic is peeled and chopped;Tomatoes are washed and cut in half;Black olives are chopped ;Cucumbers are peeled and cut into small pieces ; Halloumi cheese is grated.ps: If you can't buy halloumi cheese, you can use Parmesan cheese instead.
- Make sauces and salads:Sauce: Mix yogurt, cucumber chunks, garlic, mint leaves, and lemon juice. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap, and keep in the refrigerator for later use.
- Salad: Mix olives, tomatoes, parsley, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
- To make the breadcrumb layer: Put the bread crumbs in the blender and mix a little - they should not be too fine, then add fresh oregano, crushed halloumi cheese and parsley.
- The texture of the crumbs after mixing is roughly like this:
- The eggs are beaten in a bowl. After the lamb chops drying the surface the surface of the lamb chop with kitchen paper, they are covered with a layer of flour, beaten egg, and bread crumbs in that order.
- On medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan.Add lamb chops and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or adjust the cooking time according to personal preferences and ingredients. 5 to 6 minutes is about medium done.
- After frying, soak up any oil on kitchen paper.
- Serve with yogurt sauce and salad.