A seasonal and warm pumpkin soup
Servings: 4 Servings
- 25 g Butter
- 10 ml Olive oil
- 2 g Sage leaves chopped
- 4 whole Sage leaves whole
- 1 small Onion approx 50g
- 1 stalk Celery approx 30g
- ½ Leek ( chopped) approx 20g
- ½ Pumpkin approx 600g
- 3-4 sprigs Rosemary
- 500 ml Chicken stock
- 15 g Ginger
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 pinch Ground nutmeg
- to taste Salt and pepper
- to taste Double Cream
- to taste Cayenne pepper
- Preheated oven 170C (with fan oven) / 190 C (traditional oven without fan).After peeling the pumpkin and cutting it in half, use a spoon to dig out the seeds and cut into slices; peel the onion and cut into small pieces; peel the celery and wash and cut into small pieces; peel the carrot and cut into small pieces; wash the green onion and cut into pieces; Peel and dice ginger; peel and dice garlic.
- Put pumpkin on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, add rosemary, season with salt and black pepper and bake in the oven for 40 minutes until brown. Use a spoon to dig out the pumpkin flesh and set aside.
- On a medium-low heat, add the butter to a deep saucepan. When the butter is melted and foaming, add the onion, celery, carrot and shallot and saute (about 10 minutes).
- Add nutmeg powder, chopped sage, garlic, ginger, stir-fry for a few minutes, then add pumpkin and saute.Pour in the stock and bring it to a boil, then simmer for about 40 minutes until the vegetables are completely soft.
- Blend with a stick blender until smooth. Sieve for a smoother and finer texture.Pour the sieved soup back into the soup pot, add appropriate amount of water / stock to adjust the consistency as appropriate. Try again after boiling and season with appropriate amount of salt and black pepper.
- Put a small amount of oil in a frying pan. After the oil is hot, add sage leaves to make crispy. Soak up the oil with kitchen paper and set aside.
- After serving, drizzle a small amount of cream and add chilli powder according to personal preference. Decorate with crisp sage and enjoy.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 431mg | Potassium: 604mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g
You must be logged in to post a comment.