Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Rosti
An alternative to the traditional potato rosti.
Servings: 2 People
- 180 g Sweet potato
- 180 g Butternut squash
- 150 g Floury Potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small Small onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 large Egg
- to taste salt & pepper
- 100 g Butternut squash seeds
- 50 g Kale
- some Olive oil
- 50 g Feta
- to taste Salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/2 clove Garlic
- to taste Salt & pepper
- Peel and slice the onion and set aside. Peel and mince the garlic and set aside. Peel and wash the potatoes, use the coarse holes in a grater box to create long strands
- Put it in a dry cotton cloth to remove as much water as possible.
- Put in a large bowl and set aside.
- Sweet potatoes and pumpkin (remove the seeds, set the seeds aside) and follow the steps above. Put in a large bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven 180C (fan oven) / 200C (conventional oven). Put half a tablespoon of olive oil on the pan. Heat the oil and add the onion shreds and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes until softened.
- Add onion strands to sweet potato strands, potato strands, and pumpkin strands Add eggs and season with enough salt and black pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Use your hands to form the strands into a regular cake. You can also use a ring mold like me.
- Brush the surface evenly with olive oil.
- Put n the oven (fan oven 180C / conventional oven 200C) and bake for 30-40 minutes or until it is cooked through and the surface is golden brown. If there are signs of burning during the period, it is recommended to cover with tin foil before continuing to cook. After baking, use the scissors to remove the burnt part of the edges.
- Of course, you can also cook directly in a pan like the "classic" shared earlier: Potato Rosti | It's not recommended to make too thick in this case.
- Make the top ping/side dish: cut pumpkin into cubes. Put an appropriate amount of olive oil in a bowl (the purpose is to make each pumpkin cube have a layer of olive oil to avoid burning), season with salt and black pepper, and mix well. Lay flat on the baking sheet in an oven (fan oven 200C or traditional oven 220C) and bake for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove it for future use.
- Wash and dry pumpkin seeds. Add an appropriate amount of olive oil to a bowl and mix well (the purpose is to prevent a layer of olive oil from burning on the surface of each pumpkin seed). Spread on the baking sheet and place in an oven (fan oven 200C or traditional oven 220C) for about 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove it for future use.
- Wash and cut the kale into small pieces, add an appropriate amount of salt and fry in a pan.
- To make vinaigrette: In a bowl, mix well balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey, and garlic, then add olive oil and beat with an eggbeater until the mixture emulsifies. Season with salt and black pepper.
- To serve., top Rosti with kale, squash, feta cheese (diced) and pumpkin seeds. Use a blow torch to lightly bake the cheese until it is slightly coloured. Drizzle with oil and vinegar.
You must be logged in to post a comment.