Quiche is a savoury open pie. The filling is based on eggs and milk / cream, mixed with cheese, meat, seafood, vegetables and other ingredients. It can be eaten warm or cold. The Quiche Lorraine, which originated in the Lorraine region in northeastern France and named after it, is a classic in Quiche! Its classic is the mix of fillings: simply use eggs, cream and lardon to make a delicious finished product. In English-speaking countries, cheese is commonly added to the production, and bacon is often used instead of lardon.
Servings: 4 People
- 175 g Plain flour +extra for dusting
- pinch Salt
- 75 g Unsalted butter +for greasing
- 150 g Gruyere or cheddar cheese
- 160 g Lardon/Bacon
- 50 g Leek ( chopped) about ½
- 300 ml Single cream
- 4 Egg Take one of the eggs to separate the egg white and egg yolk, which is needed when pastry is baked. The remaining egg white and the separated egg yolk are beaten together with the other 3 eggs, which is used when making the filling.
- To make the pastry, sift the flour together with a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Rub in the butter until you have a soft breadcrumb texture. Add enough cold water (about 3 to 4 tbsp) to make the crumb mixture come together to form a firm dough, and then wrap with cling film and rest it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and line a 22cm well-buttered flan dish. Don't cut off the edges of the pastry yet. Prick the base with a fork. Chill again for 20 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180C Fan.
- Remove the pastry case from the fridge and trim the pastry.
- Line the base of the pastry with baking parchment or tin foil and then fill it with baking beans. Place on a baking tray and bake blind for 20 minutes. Remove the beans and parchment and return to the oven for another five minutes to cook the base.
- Remove the pastry case and brush the base with egg white and then bake for a further 2 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 140C Fan.
- Fry the bacon pieces until crisp and add the leek and fry until soft. Combine the eggs with the cream in a bowl and season well.
- Sprinkle the cheese into the pastry base then add the bacon and leek evenly over the cheese.Pour the egg and cream mixture over the bacon, leek and cheese. Sprinkle some more cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool and set further. Serve in wedges.
Calories: 876kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 380mg | Sodium: 1950mg | Potassium: 537mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g
You must be logged in to post a comment.