Spinach and salmon quiche
- 23cm x 4 cm flan dish
- 175 g Plain flour Plus extra for dusting
- A pinch Salt
- 75 g Cold butter Plus extra for coating
- 1 Egg white
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 55 g Raw prawn
- 100 g Smoked salmon
- 100 g Spinach
- 1 clove Garlic
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 300 ml Double cream
- 3 Egg
- Wash the spinach leaves and set aside. Cut smoked salmon into small pieces and set aside.
- Make the quiche crust: Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Add small pieces of cold butter, knead the butter with your fingertips and mix with the flour to the shape of breadcrumbs (this step can also be operated with a mixer).
- Add the right amount of water (about 3-4 tablespoons) and mix the flour into coarse balls that don't spread out. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.Roll out: After the dough is set aside, take it out of the refrigerator. Sprinkle a layer of flour evenly on the kneading board, and roll the dough into a circular dough with an appropriate size (about 23 cm in diameter). When you first roll out the dough is firm and may crack, but don't worry, the dough will gradually become malleable.
- Spread a layer of butter evenly on the mold to avoid sticking the tart dough to the mold. The rolled dough is moved to the mold with the help of a rolling pin.
- Gently poke a few rows of holes on the pie with a fork and put it back in the refrigerator and let it stand for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 180C (fan oven). Blind baking:Take out the pie bottom from the refrigerator and trim away any excess skin on the edges.
- Put a layer of tin foil on the pie, try to make the tin foil adhere to the pie skin, then pour in roasted beans (also rice), put it in the oven for 20 minutes, remove the tin foil and roasted beans Very hot, do not touch it with your hands), put it in the oven and continue to bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the baked pie crust from the oven and evenly coat a layer of egg white (it is very useful to use egg white to block water), then put it in the oven and bake for 2 minutes.
- After baking the pie, set aside. At the same time, adjust the oven temperature to 160C (fan oven).
- Making fillings: put olive oil in a pan, add garlic and shrimps when the oil is hot, and fry until the shrimps are just cooked. Drain out the water and set aside.
- Put in spinach and stir-fry as much as possible to remove excess water.
- Beat eggs and cream in a large bowl and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add shrimp, salmon and spinach and mix well.
- Pour the filling into the tart crust. Be careful not to overfill, as the tart may shrink during the baking process.
- Put it in the oven at 160C (fan oven) and bake for about 40 minutes until the filling is completely set and the top is golden. You can test for maturity with a toothpick.