Chicken ballotine with Marsala sauce
A classic way to serve chicken
Servings: 2 People
- 2 Chicken leg and thigh
- 10 g Dry porcini
- 55 g Button mushrooms
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 leaves Sage
- 15 g Butter
- 60 g Onion half a medium
- 150 g Pork mince
- 2 g Fresh thyme
- 5 g Fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20 g Butter
- 1 small Red onion (50g)
- 150 g Button mushroom
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ tbsp Flour
- 150 ml Marsala wine
- 300 ml Chicken stock
- To taste Salt
- Soak the dried mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Trim boneless chicken thighs (deboning according to the above operation if necessary), and check for bones, especially cartilage at joints. The holes in the joints need to be filled with meat cut from elsewhere.
- To make mincemeat:After soaking the dried mushrooms, squeeze out the water, chop them up a bit, and then shred the fresh mushrooms, garlic, and sage with a blender to the state shown below.
- On medium heat, put butter in a pan. After the butter has melted and foamed, add onion and saute until fragrant and soft.Add the crushed mushroom puree and fry for about 10 minutes until the mixture is dry.Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Let it cool and set aside.
- The pork minced meat is mixed with a fork, and then mixed with the mushroom puree, fresh thyme and parsley. Season with salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Wrap:Place the boneless chicken thighs on the tin foil, with the skin side down, facing you on the long side. Then cover it with a layer of plastic wrap. Flatten with a meat hammer.
- Pick off the cling film and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.Note: Seasoning should be sufficient, otherwise it will affect the taste of chicken.
- Put the mixed meat paste into a cylindrical shape and put it in the middle of the flattened chicken meat. The amount of meat paste should be moderate so that the chicken thighs can be rolled just once.
- Roll up. It is best to wrap the meat completely in chicken after rolling up.
- Wrap tightly with tin foil and tighten both ends. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.At the same time preheat the oven 180C (fan oven) / 200C (traditional oven).
- Start making sauce:On a medium-low heat, add olive oil and butter to a small saucepan. After the butter has melted and foamed, add shallots, mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Sauté over medium-low heat until the mushrooms are tender. Add garlic and stir-fry, add flour and stir-fry flour for 1 to 2 minutes to remove raw flour.
- Add Marsala wine and boil until the alcohol evaporates and the liquid volume is halved. Add stock (including mushroom water when soaking dried mushrooms) and thyme and mix well.The liquid is evaporated on medium heat until the consistency is thick At this time, the amount of liquid is about 1/3 of the original amount.
- Sieve. The filtered mushrooms can be reserved for serving. Put the filtered sauce back into the pot, add the butter block and beat well with a whisk.
- Cook over low heat until the consistency is thick. To test the consistency check you can draw circles in the pan, like the picture below. Taste, add salt to taste.
- Put the chicken rolls from the refrigerator together with tin foil in the oven for 35 minutes.
- After roasting, put oil in a pan and turn on a medium-high heat. After the oil is hot, put in chicken rolls and fry until the skin is even golden brown.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes to serve. Serve with sauce. You can also garnish with the mushrooms strained from the sauce and fry two pieces of sage in a pan like I did
Calories: 955kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 62g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 243mg | Sodium: 2648mg | Potassium: 777mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g
You must be logged in to post a comment.